Applicants to UWC Australia are required to:
- Be Australian citizens or permanent residents, currently living in Australia;
- Be 16 or 17 years of age on the 1st of September in the starting year;
- Be up to date with vaccinations, including booster vaccinations, or have evidence of medical dispensation, to the satisfaction of airlines and UWC;
- Be Available for interview in person on the third weekend of February (Online interview only available where distance precludes attendance and at the discretion of the National Committee); and
- Not have applied to UWC through any other National Committee, nor the Global Selection Programme, nor by any other avenue for the same entry year.
UWC Australia is looking for students who want to become change-makers for a better world, whatever their background. We carefully select students who thrive in an international environment and are well-suited to the challenge of a rigorous curriculum and an experiential learning environment.
We are looking for applicants who bring the following:
Intellectual curiosity and motivation: a genuine urge to learn about the world around oneself and the ability to recognise the details and grasp the breadth of issues (for example global and local concerns) involved in any given topic and to analyse them thoroughly
Active commitment: the ability to develop and readiness to reflect, question and confront one’s own values, to measure one’s behaviour within family and community against one’s values, and to act on one’s own beliefs accordingly and responsibly
Social competence: the ability and readiness to make contact with other people, to interact respectfully with them, to work together with them in a team and to achieve solutions; the ability to express oneself adequately in different situations and to different people
Resilience, personal responsibility and integrity: the ability to look after oneself physically and emotionally during the challenging and transforming experience that a UWC offers; the personal motivation to adhere to UWC’s common moral and ethical principles, a sense of humility and an ability to listen and value another person’s opinion and experience
Motivation for UWC: passion, ability and serious incentive to contribute to and actively promote UWC’s values