Applications to UWC Australia for 2020 opportunities will open in October 2019 and close on 31 January 2020.
The preliminary stage when applying for a UWC scholarship is a written application. This application provides the selection committees with a brief overview of the student, their current interests and activities, and requires the candidate to write two essays on why they should be awarded a place and/or scholarship to a UWC.
- Create an account (or sign in if you have an existing account) via the "Apply Now" link on the left.
- Enter your contact information and click "Register".
- Confirm your registration via the email link.
- Under the heading "Your Tasks" you will see an item, "Applicant Information". Click on the "Start" button.
- Provide your personal details and the system will check your eligibility to apply. Once complete, click "Save & Exit".
- Under the heading "Your Applications", click on the button, "View Applications".
- If eligible, you will see an item, "UWC Australia". Click the "Apply Now" button to start your submission.
- Once all the components of the application are complete, click on the "Submit Application" button.
Interview and/or Group Activities
Students who have been selected to attend the group activities and interviews will be notified within about two weeks of the deadline for written applications.
The second stage of the application process will see the shortlisted candidates attend a group activity session, where the students will participate in both team and individual activities. The purpose of these activities is to gain a better understanding of the candidates and how they interact and participate with other students.
There is also a formal interview component of this second stage, in which the candidates will sit before a panel of UWC alumni, as well as representatives from external organisations.
Along with the interview process, we request that all applicants sit with their families to complete a financial assessment form. The details provided in this form allows the Selection Committee to assess the level of financial need required for each candidate. Within the forms, we ask families to consider a Blind Pledge amount which indicates how much the family is able to contribute towards the applicants education and living expenses. More information on this is provided in the FAQ section. Financial information provided in this form does not constitute part of the merit based ranking which follows.
Following the final shortlist from each State and Territory via the State selection committees, the candidates are ranked nationally, and a formal offer process begins between the national committee and the candidates.
School and College notification
Once the candidates and their family have formally accepted the position offered by UWC Australia, the candidates will be put forward to each of the respective schools and colleges as the Australian candidate. Final notification is required by the schools and colleges by approximately 1st April each year.